5 Years of Maryan – Dhanush’s No-Smoking habit, Parvathy’s cry and 10 facts
Richard Mahesh Rajakumar
Undoubtedly, Maryan is such a beautiful film that it holds a special place in the collection of movie buffs. Be the visual backdrops or the emotional love story that made the coastal life alive with its lifestyle. Apparently, It’s been 5 years and we bring you 5 interesting facts about the film as it is 5 years of Maryan.
- It is something known to many that both AR Rahman and filmmaker Bharath Bala have been childhood friends and classmates in school as well.
- Significantly, Bharath Bala followed a unique style of screenplay. One of his office rooms had the entire scenes in the film written in postcard sized papers and glued on the wall. If you had to visit the room, you’ll understand the flow of screenplay.
- Even a day after dubbing her portions, Parvathy was so much obsessed with her role and almost cried out.
- Dhanush said that his ‘No Smoking’ habit helped him take a dive into seabed and hold his breath.
- Of course, not last but the least, the film is based on real life incidents and characters. Even today, the characters – Panimalar and Maryan are alive somewhere in the coastal part of Tamil Nadu.
- It is quite a rarity, where an actor‘s combination with AR Rahman was released within a span of one month. While Maryan was released on 19 July, 2013, Raanjhanaa hit screens on 21 June, 2013.
- Yuvan Shankar Raja told that he wanted to break the myth that music directors have ego. So, he wanted to sing for AR Rahman’s composing.
- Initially, Dhanush was supposed to sing ‘Nenje Ezhu’. Nonetheless, AR Rahman felt that his voice would be more appropriate and got it done.
- 5 National awards winners were a part of this film. This includes Dhanush, Parvathy, Salim Kumar, Appukutty and AR Rahman.
- Maryan is the first Tamil movie to mix native sounds using the Barco NV‘s Auro 11.1 surround sound technology.