It’s been more than couple of decades and still, we are in awe of Superstar Rajinikanth’s Veera, which is regarded as one of the best all time blockbusters from his store. A film doesn’t become a blockbuster by magic or mythical word of mouth. But it has some elements that would contribute towards the success. We at Star Views bring you exclusive look on 5 such reasons that Rajinikanth’s Veera, a great success.
- The first earnest reason is that filmmaker Suresh Krishna had directed by Rajinikanth in a massive role in ‘Annamalai’. In fact, it was the first ever movie to indulge Thalaivar in political dialogues. But look into the duo’s abrupt next – Veera happened to be a fun filled family entertainer laced with emotions.
- Veera happens to be Rajinikanth’s full swing ‘Musical’ genre for the first time. His erstwhile movie to Veera titled ‘Valli’ was produced by him, which was again a musical genre, but he played just a cameo. It is noteworthy that ‘Ninaithaale Inikkum’ was a musical movie, but had Kamal Haasan in major lead.
- The equal importance to actresses Meena and Roja turned to be a huge contributing factor towards the success.
- Maestro Ilayaraja offered a mix of melodies and folk genre music, which were Chartbusters.
- The fun-filled open end climax where audiences were left to decide who Rajinikanth would have his married life with created a humour as they walked out of theatres.